Chennai’s East Coast Road is one among the foremost scenic routes within the city and has been a favorite for late-night long drives for many years. However, it has improvised over the years and now offers a lot of fun activities also.
1. Go for a cycle Ride – The need for a getaway from the heat and rush of the city to get some fresh air is vital. Take your bike and continue early morning cycling across the highway stretch from OMR to ECR. Not only is that this the right time to urge some fresh air, but the stretch is safe with 24/7 police patrolling and has magnificent views of the beach.
2. Muttukadu Boat House – Muttukadu has become famous as a weekend outing place or a picnic place for people from Chennai in recent years. You can spend some peaceful time with your family away from city life, enjoy the beautiful ride along ECR, have boating fun together. It has various activities to enjoy, like row boating, speed boating, and power boating. This is the greatest thing that Chennai offers to its people. Peace serenity and calmness are wrapped around all over the place.
3. MGM Dizzee World – It is an excellent Amusement park loaded with fun and entertainment for the whole family. It is a fancy theme park. One should definitely visit this place with family and friends to have a blast.
4. Cholamandal Artists’ Village – This place has galleries that you can walk through, displaying art by artists living in the village, and they also have an exhibition that runs all year long. There’s also a bookstore, a present shop, and a cafeteria, allowing guests to spend a full day just enjoying the art.
5. DakshinaChitra Museum – A unique concept of bringing South India’s cultural traditions all under one roof, Dakshin Chitra is a little out of the city (25 kilometers) but certainly worth your while. This is a place worth visiting once you are in Chennai. A glimpse of the vibrant south Indian culture and architecture is portrayed here. Traditional houses from all four southern Indian states are reconstructed here. It would be best if you roamed around the full area in leisure. Keep that in mind, before planning a trip to this place.
6. Madras Crocodile Bank – The Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology is one of the largest reptile zoos in the world. It allows having an interactive experience with the various inhabitants at the zoo. It also has an amazing night safari and watch a secret side of crocodile behavior which is seldom witnessed during daylight hours.
7. Catamaran Rides at Kovalam – A catamaran is a multi-hulled watercraft featuring two parallel hulls of equal size. Head for an exciting catamaran ride in Chennai together with your friends and family and let the waters of the good South sweep you off your feet. If you want you can even swim or float in the beautiful sea. It is one hell of an experience enjoying the serene blue sea. You will get one of the best catamaran rides in Kovalam beach.
So, if you are planning a fun time with your family, you must go to ECR and experience these beautiful activities Chennai has to offer.