October 2020: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, a part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group, launched the All-New Thar, the most eagerly awaited, legendary SUV, on the very day that the Mahindra Group celebrates its 75th anniversary. In its all-new avatar, the Thar will be available in two trims, namely AX & LX, with prices starting at₹9.80Lakh for the AX series and ₹12.49Lakh for LX series (Ex-showroom Price, All India).*
Within the All-New Thar’s classic silhouette lies its contemporary styling, a quantum leap in terms of performance, everyday comfort & convenience, technology, and safety. It will not only attract die-hard Thar enthusiasts but also appeal to all those who have always dreamt of owning an iconic vehicle, with all the bells and whistles of a contemporary SUV.
The All-New Thar has the following exciting features:
- All-New BS-6 compliant Engine options: The 2.0-liter mStallionTGDi Petrol engine and the 2.2 liters mHawk Diesel engine
- The All-New Thar is offered with a choice of 6 Speed Automatic Transmission or a 6 Speed Manual Transmission both mated to an authentic 4×4 Transfer case with Low Range
- The All-New Thar offers a variety of top options, for the first time. It is available with a Convertible Top or a Hard Top or Soft Top
- All-new Seating options: 4 front-facing seats & 2+4 side-facing seats
- All-new Technology Features: Drizzle resistant 17.7 cm touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, adventure statistics display, and a whole lot more
- All-new Comfort and Convenience Features: Sporty front seats, roof-mounted speakers, and lots more
- New Safety Features: ABS + EBD, Dual airbags, ESP with rollover mitigation, Hill-hold and hill descent control, and a whole lot more
Booking for the All-New Thar open from today, October 2, 2020, and customers will have the option to book it by either logging on to https://auto.mahindra.com/buy/book-online?mgc=THRNor contacting their nearest dealerships. The All-New Thar can be booked with an initial payment of ₹. 21,000 and customers will have a plethora of options to choose from in terms of a wide range of variants, colors, and customization options.
Test drives for the All-New Thar will begin in phases, starting with 18 cities from today. The company will add 100 more cities on October 10, 2020, and test drives for the rest of the county will be available from October 15, 2020. For more details and updates on test drives, customers can visit https://auto.mahindra.com/test-drive?brand=thar. The deliveries for the All-New Thar will commence on November 1, 2020.
Designed and engineered in India and manufactured out of Mahindra’s Nashik Plant, the All-New Thar will be available in six colors, namely – Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige, and Aquamarine.
All-New Thar – Variant-Wise Prices
Price for AX series starts at ₹ 9.80 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price, All India)
Price for LX series starts at ₹ 12.49 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price, All India)
|4WD Automatic Transmission||Ex-Showroom Price, All India|
|LX||Petrol||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 13.45 Lakh|
|4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 13.55 Lakh|
|Diesel||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 13.65 Lakh|
|4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 13.75 Lakh|
About the All-New Thar
Evolution of an Iconic Design
The All-New Thar stays true to the iconic 2-door silhouette but adds purposeful and contemporary touches and design elements to it. With a wider, better-balanced stance and a choice of hardtop and convertible rooftop options, the All-New Thar imposes its presence wherever it goes.
This design approach flows into the interiors as well. While retaining the commanding driving position that is an integral part of the Thar’s DNA, the All-New Thar has a completely redesigned interior that mirrors the robust, retro-styled cues of the Thar’s exteriors.
- Iconic Design
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Dual Tone Bumpers
- LED Tail Lamps
- 72 cm (R18) Deep Silver Alloy Wheels
- Choice of Three Roof Options: a Hard Top, First-in-Class Manual Convertible Top & a Fixed Soft Top
- Front Fog Lamps
- All-New Purposeful Interiors with an All-Black theme with Silver Accents
- Faux carbon-fiber detailing around the AC vents & center bezel
The All-New Thar is powered by two all-new engines that set new standards in terms of performance, refinement,and reliability. A first for Thar and Mahindra, the All-New Thar is powered by the 2.0L mStallionTGDi petrol engine, and by the 2.2L mHawk Diesel engine. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, with an authentic 4×4 manual shift transfer case with a low ratio.
- All-New mStallionTGDi Petrol Engine produces 112 kW (150 bhp) of power & 320 Nm of torque
- All-New mHawkCRDe Diesel Engine produces 97 kW (130 bhp) of power & 320 Nm of torque
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission & 6-Speed Automatic Transmission options
- Manual Shift 4×4 Transfer Case with Low Crawl Ratio
Legendary Off-Road Capability and Refined On-Road Driving Experience
Rough trips demand tough vehicles. That’s why the All-New Thar has been built on a rugged 3rd Generation chassis and tested extensively in some of the harshest terrain in India and across the world. It has an all-new suspension setup that delivers the impossible: better off-roading capability, as well as superior on-road handling and drives quality. The All-New Thar is also equipped with advanced off-road hardware that seriously improves its capability to go wherever and do whatever the driver demands of it.
- Authentic Body-on-Frame Construction- A True SUV
- Independent Front Suspension & Multi-Link Rear Suspension set-up
- 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
- Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
- First-in-Class Brake Locking Differential
- Class-leading approach (41.8 deg), departure (36.8 deg) & ramp over (27 deg) angles
- Ground clearance of 226mm
- Water wading depth of 650mm
- All-Terrain Tyres 255/65 R18, with White Lettering: The Largest Tyre in its Class
- First-in-Class Electromechanical Driveline Disconnect
Everyday Comfort & Convenience Features
The All-New Thar has been designed to provide amazing comfort & convenience in all driving conditions, be they off-road, on the highway or in the city. Special focus has been given to making the interior design as ergonomic as possible for all passengers, not just the driver.
- Sporty Front Seats
- Front-Facing Rear Seats with 50:50 split
- Roof-mounted speakers
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat with Adjustable Lumbar Support
- One-Touch Tip & Slide Mechanism on the Co-Driver Seat
- Tilt-Adjustable Steering Wheel
- Power Windows
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
- Central Locking with Remote Flip Key
Loaded with Technology
Keeping in mind the sporty and adventurous lifestyle of its owners, the All-New Thar is loaded with technology that keeps drivers connected with the Thar, their surroundings and friends no matter where they are, through multiple first-in-class features.
- 7 cm Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation
- First-in-Class Adventure Statistics Display on the Infotainment System
- First-in-Class Adventure Connect: Mahindra Adventure Calendar Display
- First-in-Class Smart Watch & Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
- TFT Multi-Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
- Electronic HVAC Controls
- Dust & water-resistant (IP54 Standard) interiors (Infotainment system, dashboard & steering switches)
- First-in-Class Tyretronics: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- First-in-Class Tyre Direction Monitoring System
- Cruise Control
- Steering Mounted Audio & Phone Controls
World-Class Safety Standards
While exploring the impossible, it’s best to stay as safe as possible. That’s why the All-New Thar is equipped with a world-class range of active & passive safety features to keep all passengers secure and out of harm’s way.
- Crash-safety compliant bodyshell
- First-in-Class ESP with Rollover Mitigation
- First-in-Class Built-in Roll-cage with 3-Point Seat belts for all passengers
- Dual Airbags & ABS
- First-in-Class Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
- First-in-Class ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
- Intellipark: Rear Parking Sensors
Learn more about Mahindra at www.mahindra.com